Spring is finally almost upon us. With that comes chirping birds, buzzing bees and plenty of work that needs to be done to get your property in shape! Unless you’re growing magic trees in your backyard, there’s a lengthy checklist of duties that need to be accomplished if you want to have the best looking yard in your neighborhood. Keep reading to learn more about spring tree maintenance in Southern Louisiana:
- Inspect trees: Before you go out and buy a ton of mulch and trimming equipment for your branches, you should have all of your trees inspected by a trained arborist. A professional will take a look at your tree trunks and branches to see if any have been damaged by a winter storm or insects. While it’s true that you may be able to spot some problems with your trees, only an arborist can detect all of the issues facing your trees this spring.
- Prune dead branches: After the arborist has pointed out all of the problem areas, it’s time to get to work! Pruning all of the dead branches will help ensure your tree isn’t damaged by spring storms, and helps new green branches grow where the old ones used to be. You can trim most branches by yourself fairly easily. However, hiring one of our pros to take care of the heavy-duty pruning may be necessary. We have all of the right gear to get the job done quickly and easily.
- Plant new trees: Spring is the perfect time of year to plant beautiful new trees in your yard. Planting now right before spring and summer storms will help them grow thick and strong by the time fall rolls around again. Keep in mind that not all trees will grow where you want them to. Consult one of our professionals before you dig a hole to plant a tree. We’ll show you exactly where that specific species will grow best in your yard.
- Mulch your landscape: It’s safe to say that mulching is a lot of people’s least favorite part about spring lawn maintenance. It’s backbreaking labor that can take quite a while if you have a big yard. As hard as mulching may be, it has to be done if you want a great looking lawn. Mulching prevents weeds from popping up while helping your trees and plants thrive! Give us a call today to learn more about mulching techniques, or to hire us to take care of it for you.
- Fertilize: Before you can sit back and enjoy a glass of lemonade, you have to fertilize the soil around your trees. A slow release fertilizer will provide essential nutrients for all of your plants and trees during this peak growing season. Additionally, a fertilizer can ward off nasty pests and diseases that commonly affect trees this time of year.
Don’t hesitate to call us if you need help performing any or all of the steps on the checklist above. At Allan’s Tree Service, we specialize in all forms of tree maintenance in Southern Louisiana, and we’d love to help you have the best looking yard on the block. Give us a call today to schedule a visit!
Categorised in: Tree Maintenance
This post was written by Writer