The sun will be shining soon, which means it’s that time of year again to put on your gardening gloves and get outside! Spring gardening and yard work are crucial if you want to maintain a healthy lawn throughout the year. Things like mulching, watering and tree fertilization in Southern Louisiana can be time-consuming, but they are well worth the effort in the long run. The following tips will help ensure a happy and healthy yard in 2018:
- Fertilize: First things first, fertilizing your trees and shrubs is a must if you want healthy plants this year! Fertilizing ensures all of your trees (especially the newly-planted ones) get necessary nutrients during this key growth cycle. We recommend using a slow release fertilizer that’ll continue working throughout the spring and into the summer. If you don’t have the right equipment to properly fertilize your lawn, just give us a call! We’ll be right out to your property to fertilize your trees and get them ready for spring, summer and fall.
- Prune: Although pruning your shrubs and trees is important throughout the year, springtime pruning is crucial to promote new growth. Pruning dead branches now helps protect your trees from vicious storms that could blow branches clean off! It’s important to note that not all trees and shrubs follow the same pruning schedule. For example, some shrubs won’t flower until next year if they’re pruned too early. In our opinion, it’s better to be safe than sorry and hire one of our professionals to prune your trees and shrubs for you. Not only will we save you some time, but we’ll also prune the right plants at the right time to ensure long-term success.
- Mulch: Mulching your trees and garden is hard (and smelly) labor. Unfortunately, it’s also a must if you want your plants to flourish. Among many other benefits, mulching helps retain moisture, protects your plants from sudden cold snaps and even deters weed growth. If you’d like to skip the hassle of mulching by yourself this year, give us a call. We’d be happy to lay down a thick layer of mulch around all of your trees and shrubs.
- Plant: Is your lawn looking a little empty? It may be time to plant some new trees and shrubs! Spring is a great time to plant tons of different types of trees to ensure they grow up healthy through the year. Get in touch with us to schedule tree planting on your property!
- Water: You don’t need a botany degree to know that regular watering is one of the most important aspects of plant stewardship. Watering now will help prepare your trees for the warmer temperatures that we’ll see in the next few months. If you have an automatic sprinkler system, now is a great time to have it inspected to ensure it’s working properly.
Need help with tree fertilization in Southern Louisiana? Don’t hesitate to pick up the phone and give Allan’s Tree Service a call! We’ll send one of our professionals out to your property to prepare all of your plants and trees for the coming seasons.
Categorised in: Tree Fertilization
This post was written by Writer