You should provide routine care for the trees on your property—this includes trimming, pruning, general assessments and dead branch removal. If you are in need of professional tree services in Baton Rouge, then the following information is for you! Here are six tips to help you choose the best tree service company near you:
- Ask to see certifications: If you didn’t know there’s a difference between an arborist and a certified arborist, you’re not alone. An arborist knows a lot about trees. They may even possess the knowledge to be an expert. However, a certified arborist is the person you want caring for your trees. An arborist who is certified has studied and trained hard to learn the proper ways to safely maintain trees—like pruning and tree removal—based around OSHA and ISA standards.
- Be sure they have insurance: Some of the best advice we can give you is to never, ever hire a tree service company (or any company or contractor) that is not insured. A company’s insurance is not only for their protection, but for yours as well. If a company doesn’t have insurance and an accident happens on your property—for example, a tree branch falls on and injures a tree trimmer—you could be held liable. They may sue you for pain and suffering, all because the company they work for doesn’t have insurance.
- Make sure they use proper equipment: Although you might not be familiar with tree pruning equipment, do make sure the company uses the proper equipment and tools. Equipment should actually look professional, not like the standard home gardening tools you may have in your garage or shed. A good thing to know is that true tree service professionals do not wear shoes with spikes to climb trees. Spikes will dig into the tree, causing harm.
- Ensure they put safety first: The right tree service company for you follows OSHA and industry safety standards. Find out what safety gear their crew uses—like hard hats, ear and eye protection and chainsaw caps—before they start working. A lack of proper safety standards and not wearing protective gear can lead to serious injury or death on your property.
- Ask them to explain the tree procedure: It’s good for you to know about the procedure you want or need, as well as what the crew plans to do. The company should offer this information without being asked, but don’t hesitate to bring it up if they don’t. Alternatively, they should be able to explain to you why they recommend a service that’s different than what you asked for.
- Get work and cost estimates upfront: It’s a good idea to get a few bids for the work. While you’re at it, check on reputations and read reviews. When getting estimates, always get them in writing—what will be done, how long it’ll take and how much it’s expected to cost.
We offer all sorts of tree care here at Allan’s Tree Service. Whether your trees need pruning, trimming, removing or other care, we’re here to help. Call us today to learn more about our tree services in Baton Rouge!
Categorised in: Tree Service
This post was written by Allan's