Whether you’re looking to have a tree planted, pruned, removed or otherwise maintained, it is in your best interest to work with a professional. This will help you keep your trees in healthy condition for many years to come.
But if you’ve never worked with an arborist before, how do you go about selecting one and knowing they’ll do a great job? Here are some tips to help you choose one of the best tree service companies in Baton Rouge for your tree trimming, removal and other needs:
- Look for certified arborists: Certification is extremely important for any kind of contractor, and that includes a tree service specialist. You can be much more certain that a certified arborist will be capable of safely removing and pruning trees in accordance with all OSHA and International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) standards. Certified arborists are also much more likely to keep up with ongoing research and innovation in their field, as their certifying agency holds them to certain standards of knowledge, quality and excellence. A person who has gotten certified in their field has proven they take their work seriously and has put in extra time and effort to showcase the quality of work they provide.
- Safety standards: Again, if you only work with certified tree care specialists, you can be certain they will adhere to the most stringent safety standards. The entire crew working on the job should wear the proper safety apparel, including hard hats, ear protection and chainsaw chaps. This ensures everyone is protected while working on your property.
- Proper equipment: This goes along with providing safe work, but it also ensures the work is done efficiently and properly. Having the correct equipment for the job is important. Nobody should be wearing spikes while climbing trees, for example, as this can severely damage the tree. All shears should be sufficiently sharpened, and the correct types of shears and saws should be used for the appropriate situations.
- Insurance: A contractor that is certified is also most likely insured, but it’s still worth double checking to make sure the contractor carries a liability insurance policy. If they do not have one, be sure to pass on their services—you don’t want to risk being liable for potential accidents that might occur on your property during the course of the job. Contractors having liability insurance policies in place protects you from having to potentially bear that liability yourself.
- Communication: When you reach out to the tree service, you should feel as though the representative you speak with is willing to answer your questions. Any time you hire a contractor, you’ll feel much more comfortable if communicating with them is easy and doesn’t feel like pulling teeth.
These are just a few examples of some of the most important characteristics to search for when hiring tree service companies in Baton Rouge to maintain the trees on your property. For more information about the services we provide, we encourage you to contact the team at Allan’s Tree Service today.
Categorised in: Tree Service
This post was written by Allan's