As the days get longer and the weather starts to warm up, it’s a great time to start thinking about tree care and maintenance. Spring tree care is essential when it comes to promoting healthy growth, minimizing diseases and keeping your property looking its best all year long. If you’re not sure where to start with tree care this spring, keep reading this tree maintenance guide to help you ensure a great spring season for your Baton Rouge trees.
For healthy trees that look great in your yard, follow these pro tips:
- Check tree health: It’s important to check your trees before spring gets underway to ensure they’re as healthy as possible. Pay close attention to the condition of your trees’ branches and bark, and keep an eye out for diseases, fungus and pests that might be threatening your trees. After a harsh winter, it’s also important to check your trees for signs of frostbite.
- Make sure trees have enough water: water is crucial to healthy tree growth. Make sure your trees have plenty of water to make it through the growing season by checking soil moisture on a regular basis. If your soil is too dry, it’s a good idea to water your trees using a hose or irrigation system. For the best growing outcomes, water your trees less frequently with higher volumes of water.
- Mulch your trees: Mulching trees is a great way to promote moisture retention and keep weeds at bay. Make sure mulch is applied evenly around the base of a tree without coming into contact with its trunk. When mulch is piled too high against the base of the tree, it can lead to the development of pest problems and decay.
- Clean up around your tree: Small weeds might not seem like much of a threat to a big, mature tree, but even minor weed issues can siphon valuable resources away from your trees and interfere with healthy growth over time. Take time to pull weeds around your trees and shrubs and pick up any debris or waste that is laying around in your yard. Maintaining a clean yard that is properly cared for is better for your trees and better for the curb appeal of your property.
- Get tree pruning service: Hire a professional arborist to provide tree maintenance and pruning services on your property. Professional tree pruning is a great way to manage the growth of your trees and get rid of dead or damaged limbs that are at risk of falling and causing damage or injury.
Tree maintenance guide in Baton Rouge
For more tips on tree maintenance and to request professional tree services, reach out to Allan’s Tree Service. Since 2002, our team has been providing comprehensive tree care services, including tree trimming, tree maintenance, tree removal, stump grinding and more. Our team will provide you with all of the services you need to get your trees growing healthy and strong this spring, regardless of the size of your property or the types of trees you have. To get started with a consultation, simply give us a call today.
Categorised in: Tree Care
This post was written by Allan's